Monday, May 13, 2013

A Whole New Life

It's been a while since I've updated and I decided to summarize what has been going on in my life.

Goodbye 9-5: Mid-April I said farewell to my 9-5 office job. This was more than a step in the right direction for my life. I'll keep it brief, but that atmosphere was killing my soul a little bit! It did make my creativity spurt out like crazy in the evenings, so that is the positive. Yes, let's focus on the positive.

Travel just for the heck of it! Never in my adult life have I been on a vacation just for the sake of a vacation. All of my time off has been to visit family -which is great but I wanted to explore this big beautiful world. The day after my job ended, I hopped on a plane to New York to see the sites with a dear friend.

Cycling through Central Park

Finding my roots: Since I was on that side of the continent, I took a quick trip from NYC to see my family in NB & NS. I consider Edmonton my home now and I love it, but there's something so healing about being in the Maritimes. I think it has a bit to do with the ocean, or being surrounded by people who have known me my whole life, or perhaps just intense feelings of nostalgia. Whatever it was, I felt like I knew who I was again.

Foggy day at Lawrencetown beach, Nova Scotia
Hello awesome new job: This has been in the works for months now, but I am absolutely delighted to say that I have begun a sweet new job with Whiteout Workshop. I've been helping produce and sell some great locally-produced silk-screened art and apparel. It's a very fun and inspiring place to be, and hanging out at shows and markets with the wonderful people of Edmonton has been a blast so far!

A new lifestyle: Working part-time and somewhat flexible hours means more crafting and blogging, right!? I sure hope so. I'm still settling into my new routine and lifestyle. I'm choosing to put the crappy commute and ultra-scheduled life behind me and enjoy doing more of what I want, when I want to do it.

Thanks for being patient with me. I'm excited to be posting again. Check back Wednesday for the long-awaited reveal of my chair project!

0 comments:

Post a Comment